Christchurch vs Dulwich Hamlet


Tuesday 13th October 2020

Emirates FA Cup 3rd Round Qualifying

Another unbelievable Emirates FA Cup match at the MA Hart Stadium, Hurn Sports Club last night against Dulwich Hamlet. The team 3 leagues high almost broke the Church faithful hearts with an 87th-minute goal by Deon Moore, time was now ticking down rapidly, but Church hit back in style against the ten-man visitors. Step up sub Josh Kirkham to pop the ball in on 90+3 minutes added time to send the crowd crazy and Church into a penalty shoot out once again.

History breaking Christchurch playing in the 3rd round qualifying match the furthest the club has ever reached so far in this competition, faded in the shoot out going down to the visitors 3-1 and a gutting farewell to the FA Cup for another year. The dream was real and so much part of the magic of the competition.

The BBC broadcast the match live on the red button, tickets sold out for the match in 3 hours, the atmosphere on a chilly and sometimes damp evening was electric, Harry Redknapp was in attendance and in huge demand for photos which the former king of the jungle pleased the fans.

Dulwich Hamlet made the long trip from south London not knowing what to really expect and made the long return journey with the spoils. As for the home heroes, these lads can hold their heads up high, they have entertained and taken the game to their opponents in the last three matches all plying their trade in a higher league and at no time were they outclassed in any of the matches.

If anything has been achieved it will be the conversion of many supporters to the local non-league game experience who will hopefully return week in and week out.

Finally, from Chris and myself (Tim), we would like to say a massive thank you to the club for the area of the grandstand that they have converted for us to be able to broadcast on a regular basis out of the rain, we really appreciate your belief in us with our new venture and can’t wait to see it all finished.

RESULT: 1-1 (Kirkham 90+3′) (Moore 87′)
1-3 After Penalties (Pope 0, Wright 1, Kirkham 0, Wilcock 0) (Hyde 1, Barbosa 0, Embalo 1, Moore 0, Ming 1)
(81′ Fletcher off Pope on 86′ Swann off Kirkham on 90′ Wright off Blake on) (63′ Wilcock off Hyde on 70′ Allassani off White on 75′ Henry off Barbosa)
Red Card:
84′ Taylor

[mixcloud width=100% height=120 hide_cover=1]

1 Lewis Gunstone-Grey
2 Emmanuel Chameje
3 Luke Ansell
4 Brad Cherrett
5 Harvey Wright
6 Billy Walker (c)
7 Ben Satterley
8 Nick Swann
9 Will Fletcher
10 Max Wilcock
11 Brad Hill
12 Josh Kirkham
14  Ash Pope
15 Josh Buck
16 Jon Blake
17 James Johnstone
18 Luke Delaney
19 Max Frampton

Dulwich Hamlet
1 Charlie Grainger
2 Sanchez Ming
3 Taiwo Ojo
19 Michael Timlin (c)
5 Kuagica David
6 Sandro Embalo
7 Reise Allassani
8 Quade Taylor
15 Korrey Henry
10 Jordan Higgs
11 Deon Moore

12 Ruben Sammut
14 Diogo Barbosa
18 Lewis White
16 Jesse Debrah
17 Aaron Barnes
9 Danny Mills
20 Tyriquq Hyde

Gavin Rose (Manager)

Referee:  Ross Martin
Assistants: Paul Barber & Mark Shapland