Hamworthy United vs Bournemouth


Tuesday 15th December 2020

Wessex League

Tim and Steve covered the Sydenhams Wessex League match at The Spec-Savers County Ground Hamworthy with the visit of Bournemouth for Tuesday evenings match. Unfortunately, an untimely server update resulted in the server being rebooted without warning by our hosts, therefore, dropping our coverage from Tim and Steve for a short while, all we can do is apologise, but you can listen back to the full show below.

Once again the match started at a good pace, with several matches being postponed due to the heavy rainfall it was an excellent evening to get the ball flowing and even better to see and hear some very vocal fans enjoying their evening out. Neither side disappointed playing some good football, entertaining right up until referee Martin Bloor blew the final whistle.

Talking of the referee, he had a fairly good match, fair decisions generally but on 72 minutes he had no option but to give a straight red to Poppies number 4 Zach Phelps after a blatant foul on Hammers Bailey Rowe who had made a breakthrough on goal. Steve Devlin dispatched the penalty to complete his hat trick after scoring an 8th minute left foot blast past Poppies keeper Sam Jones while following up with a 53rd-minute penalty following a Poppies defender handling the ball after Beasley crossed the ball into their box.

To their credit Poppies never threw in the towel, they kept plugging away and Jack Voisey coming on to replace Jake Harvey at half-time changed the look of the Poppies who came out in the second half as a totally different side. Voisey latched onto a ball in the Hammers box only to knock it past Shane Murphy.

Both sides had chances, the woodwork denying the Hammers until Bailey Rowe steps up in the 90th minute to send a wonderful strike homeward and restored the Hammers 2 goal lead with seconds remaining in the match.

The Poppies slip a couple of places to 13th in the league while the Hammers march onwards at the top to 34 points, 3 ahead of Horndean in 2nd place, while Lymington Town were slowed down by a battling Bashley who had lost twice in the space of a week turned the tables on their near rivals with a 3-nil away win.

Next up for the Hammers is another home match and the last match before Christmas against Blackfield & Langley at the Spec-Savers County Ground this Saturday kick-off 3 pm.

RESULT: 4-1 (Devlin 8′ 53’p 73’p Rowe 90+3′) (Voisey 60′)

Hammers: Davis replaced Hodge 74′ Neal replaced Munn 76′ King replaced Beasley 84′
Bournemouth: Voisey replaced Harvey 45′

[mixcloud https://www.mixcloud.com/radiosportslive/20201215-hamworthy-united-4-1-bournemouth/ width=100% height=120 hide_cover=1]


Hamworthy United:
1 Shane Murphy
2 Tom Cooper
3 Crit Clarke
4 Steve Devlin
5 Connor Cocklin
6 Adam Costello
7 Eddie Hodge
8 Lee Francis (c)
9 Bailey Rowe
10 Cam Munn
11 Jamie Beasley
12 Matty Neale
13 Dan Cann
14 Declan Randall
15 Ollie Davis
16 James King

1 Sam Jones
2 Jaimie Trimble
3 Lewis Proudley
4 Zach Phelps (R 72′)
5 Lewis Harvey
6 Jake Harvey
7 Aaron Matthews
8 Matt Nicholls (c)
9 Brandon Hamerson
10 Ethan Fishlock
11 Johnny Efedje
12 Luke Street
13 Henry Graven
14 Jack Kinge-Phillips
15 Jack Voisey
16 Max Norrish

Referee:  Martin Bloor
Assistants: Lee Stevens and Gary Watson